1. Rich countries often give financial aid to poor countries, but it does not solve the poverty. So rich countries should give other types of help to the poor countries rather than the financial aid. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
2. Some people think inviting large foreign companies to set up factories in developing countries is helpful for local economy, while others think that the foreign companies should not be allowed to build their factories in developing countries, instead, local companies should be encouraged in order to develop local economy. Discuss both views and give you own opinion.
3. Some people think that environmental problems are too big for individuals to solve. Others, however, believe that the problems cannot be solved if individuals do not take actions. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
4. Some people think governments should introduce new technology to improve people’s life while others think free education is the better choice. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
5. With the increasing demand for energy sources of oil and gas, people should look for sources of oil and gas in remote areas and untouched places. Do advantages outweigh disadvantages?
6. The restoration of old buildings in major cities in the world costs numerous government expenditures. This money should be used in new housing and road development. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
7. The differences among countries are rarely evident these days. Everyone in the world is using same brands, movie, TV channels.
To what extent do the disadvantages outweigh the advantages?
8. Scientific progress influences our daily life greatly. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?
9. Economic progress is one way to measure the success of one country, while some people think there are other factors. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
10. Some people think that governments should take actions to change the way individuals live. Others believe individuals should be allowed to choose their own way of life. Discuss both views and give your own opinion.
11. Universities and colleges are now offering qualifications through distance learning from the internet rather than teachers in the classroom. Do you think the advantages of this development outweigh the disadvantages?
12. Research shows that overeating can be as harmful as smoking. Thus the advertising of certain food products should be banned, as cigar is banned in many countries. Do you agree or disagree?
13. The most important thing of people’s life is their work. Without satisfying career, the life is meaningless. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
14. The increasing price of petrol is the best way to solve traffic and environment problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
15. Some people think that schools should concentrate on academic classes, because they are helpful for future career. But they think music and sports classes are not useful. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
16. Workers should retire at the age of 60 or 65. However, some people say that the retirement age should be increased and workers should be allowed to work as long as they want. Discuss.
17. Most high-level positions in companies are filled by men even though the workforce in many developed countries is more than 50 percent female. Companies should be required to allocate a certain percentage of these positions to women. Do you agree or disagree?
18. Scientific research should be carried out and controlled by government rather than private companies. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
19. Scientists advise people to lead a healthy lifestyle, but most people continue with unhealthy activities. Why is it? How to solve it?
20. Nowadays people prefer throwing the broken things away and buying new ones, but people used to repair broken things in the past. Why is it? What’s your opinion?